GSHPs are a cost effective, energy efficient, and environmentally friendly way of heating and cooling buildings. Both the DOE and the EPA have endorsed the technology. GSHPs reliably deliver quality air-conditioning and heating, on demand, in every season. GSHPs are appropriate for new construction as well as retrofits of older buildings. Their flexible design requirements make them a good choice for schools, high-rises, government buildings, apartments, and restaurants--almost any commercial property. Lower operating and maintenance costs, durability, and energy conservation make Ground Source Heat Pumps the smart choice for commercial applications.
- Simultaneously heat & cool different parts of the same building
- Very quiet--users do not know when the system is operating
- Can be set up in multiple zones, with each zone having an individual room control
- Greater freedoms in building design due to 50-80% less mechanical room space
- No outside equipment to hide, eliminating vandalism and roof top units
- Pipes have 50-year life expectancy
- All electric, which eliminates multiple utility services
- Expel boiler and chiller maintenance
- Ground heat exchanger is maintenance free and will last 40+ years
- Very competitive on initial costs and lower lifecycle costs than most HVAC systems.
- Savings of 25-50% on energy consumption
- Lower peak demand, lowering your operating costs
- Water heated with waste heat from air conditioning at no cost in the summer and at substantial savings in the winter
- Some utilities offer rebates or incentives to their customers who purchase GSHPs. To see what your state has to offer click here.
- Conserve natural resources by providing efficient climate control and thus lowering emissions
- Minimize ozone layer destruction by using sealed refrigeration systems, which seldom or never have to be recharged
- Use underground loops to transfer heat, with no external venting and no air pollution
- Very energy efficient, with the earth providing over 70% of the energy required to heat and cool